Welcome at our division!
- Thermal and Fluids Engineering: Aeroacoustics, climatisation, LES, cooling of power transformers, electronics, power electronics.
- Thermotech: Creative technologies in mechanical engineering - flow, heat, combustion, engines and related safety issues.
- Energy & Environment : Rational use of energy and energy systems.
- Simulation of Thermal Systems: Thermal systems in buildings, Waste-to-Energy.
- Turbulent Flow Simulation and Optimization: Wind energy, indoor ventilation, pollutant dispersion.....
Doctoral theses can be downloaded from the doctorates page.
At the TME division meeting PhD students of the division get the floor to present their research work to a broader public that is well acquainted with energy related research topics. The meeting takes place every two weeks during the lecturing period. Presentations are held at the department of Mechanical Engineering (Celestijnenlaan 300, 3001 Leuven, Room 02.30).
Presentations for this semester are: to be announced
An overview of all publications can be found on our publication page.
Blommaert, M., Dekeyser, W., Baelmans, T., Gauger, N., Reiter, D. (2015). An automated approach to magnetic divertor configuration design. Nuclear Fusion. accepted
Gielen, R., Van Oevelen, T., Baelmans, T. (2014). Challenges associated with Second Law design in engineering. International Journal of Energy Research, 38 (12), 1501-1512.
- Poncelet, K., Delarue, E., Duerinck, J., Six, D., D'haeseleer, W. (2014). The importance of integrating the variability of renewables in long-term energy planning models. BAEE Research Workshop. Erasmus University Rotterdam, 18 September 2014
Dekeyser, W., Reiter, D., Baelmans, T. (2014). Automated divertor target design by adjoint shape sensitivity analysis and a one-shot method. Journal of Computational Physics, 278, 117-132.
Sourbron, M., Helsen, L. (2014). Sensitivity analysis of feedback control for concrete core activation and impact on installed thermal production power. Journal of Building Performance Simulation, 7 (5), 309-325.
De Rijcke, S., Driesen, J., Meyers, J. (2014). Power smoothing in large wind farms using optimal control of rotating kinetic energy reserves. Wind Energy, art.nr. we.1790
Maggioni, F., Oprins, H., Beyne, E., De Wolf, I., Baelmans, T. (2014). Convolution Based Steady State Compact Thermal Model for 3D Integrated Circuits: Methodology for Including the Thermal Impact of Die to Die Interconnections. Proceedings of the 15th International Heat Transfer Conference, IHTC-15 August 10-15, 2014, Kyoto, Japan. International Heat Transfer Conference, IHTC-15. Kyoto, 10-15 August 2014 Begell House.
Buckinx, G., Baelmans, T. (2014). Towards a general spatial averaging procedure for multi-scale modeling in heat transfer devices with repetitive fin structures. Proceedings of the 15th International Heat Transfer Conference, IHTC-15. International Heat Transfer Conference. Kyoto, 10-15 August 2014 (art.nr. 1234).
Wilton, E., Delarue, E., D'haeseleer, W., van Sark, W. (2014). Reconsidering the capacity credit of wind power: application of cumulative prospect theory. Renewable Energy: An International Journal, 68, 752-760.
Bruninx, K., Delarue, E. (2014). A statistical description of the error on wind power forecasts for probabilistic reserve sizing. IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, 5 (3), 995-1002.