Welcome at our division!
- Thermal and Fluids Engineering: Aeroacoustics, climatisation, LES, cooling of power transformers, electronics, power electronics.
- Thermotech: Creative technologies in mechanical engineering - flow, heat, combustion, engines and related safety issues.
- Energy & Environment : Rational use of energy and energy systems.
- Simulation of Thermal Systems: Thermal systems in buildings, Waste-to-Energy.
- Turbulent Flow Simulation and Optimization: Wind energy, indoor ventilation, pollutant dispersion.....
- Wednesday 14th of October 2015, 14h00: Lieven Vervecken
Improved Modeling and Experimental Validation of Near-range Atmospheric Dispersion
The defense will take place on Wednesday October 14, 2015 at 14h00
in Aula van de Tweede Hoofdwet, 01.02, Kasteelpark Arenberg 41, 3001 Heverlee
Doctoral theses can be downloaded from the doctorates page
At the TME division meeting PhD students of the division get the floor to present their research work to a broader public that is well acquainted with energy related research topics. The meeting takes place every two weeks during the lecturing period. Presentations are held at the department of Mechanical Engineering (Celestijnenlaan 300, 3001 Leuven, Room 02.30).
Presentations for this semester are: new presentations to be announced in September 2015.
- Monday 28th of September 2015, 13h - 14h: Kris Poncelet
Operational Detail of the Power Sector in Long-term Energy-system Planning Models
- Monday 12th of October 2015, 13h-14h: Dries Allaerts
Large-eddy simulation of wind-farm boundary layers: The importance of outer layer effects
- Monday 26th of October 2015, 13h-14h: Niels Horsten
Fluid neutral models for the plasma edge modeling of nuclear fusion reactors
- Monday 09th of November 2015, 13h-14h: Cornelia Nita
Performance of adjoint based optimization algorithms for unsteady turbulent flows.
- Monday 23rd of November 2015, 13h-14h: Damien Picard
Effect of the plant and controller model complexity on optimal controller performance evaluation for buildings; work in progress
- Monday 07th of December 2015, 13h-14h: Kristel Ghoos
Accuracy and convergence of coupled Finite Volume (FV) /Monte-Carlo (MC) code systems for plasma edge simulations
An overview of all publications can be found on our publication page.