Robot-Assisted Surgery Group
The RAS-group is dedicated to the design and development of advanced technological, robotics-empowered instruments to provide assistance to the surgeon in the operating room.
- Soft tissue overload prevention
- Bilateral teleoperation control
- Force measurement systems
- Tactile feedback
- Robotic laser surgery
- Steerable instruments
- CASCADE: FP7-ICT project on Cognitive Autonomous Catheters.
- SCATh : FP7-ICT project on Smart-Catheterization
- STREAM: Scaled Teleoperation for Robust EnhAnced Microsurgery
- IDOLaser : Interdisplinar K.U.Leuven IDO-project on Laser Surgery
- ARISER : Augmented reality Support during minimally invasive surgery (FP6)
- FWO G.0428.07: Sensory Tools for Enhanced Intraoperative Diagnosis
- SB-53549: IWT project "Design of an intracorporal surgical robot Hydraulic actuation in medical robots"
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Departement of Mechanical Engineering
3001 Heverlee - Leuven; Belgium
how to reach us