Robot-Assisted Surgery Group
The RAS-group is dedicated to the design and development of advanced technological, robotics-empowered instruments to provide assistance to the surgeon in the operating room.
- Soft tissue overload prevention
- Bilateral teleoperation control
- Force measurement systems
- Tactile feedback
- Robotic laser surgery
- Steerable instruments
- CASCADE: FP7-ICT project on Cognitive Autonomous Catheters.
- SCATh : FP7-ICT project on Smart-Catheterization
- STREAM: Scaled Teleoperation for Robust EnhAnced Microsurgery
- IDOLaser : Interdisplinar K.U.Leuven IDO-project on Laser Surgery
- ARISER : Augmented reality Support during minimally invasive surgery (FP6)
- FWO G.0428.07: Sensory Tools for Enhanced Intraoperative Diagnosis
- SB-53549: IWT project "Design of an intracorporal surgical robot Hydraulic actuation in medical robots"
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Departement of Mechanical Engineering
3001 Heverlee - Leuven; Belgium
how to reach us
The developments of the Robot-Assisted Surgery (RAS) group were covered by regional television ROB to announce the National Day of Science which took place 24 November 2013. The newsitem, broadcasted on Friday the 22nd can be seen below (in Dutch). The Day of Science was a success as well. Approximately 400 visitors of all ages experimented with the different setups.
RAS-CASCADE in the news - ROB-Tv 22 Nov 2013